How does Tadacip 20 mg work?
Tadacip 20 mg contains tadalafil which is a phosphodiesterase-5 enzyme inhibitor. This works by helping the muscles and blood vessels relax. The human body releases a chemical when sexually aroused, and Tadacip enhances the effect of this chemical during sexual intercourse. The result is an increased amount of flow of blood into the penis, which helps in maintaining an erection. Tadacip 20mg also relaxes the smooth muscles in the prostate and the bladder. It works when the cause behind the lack of erections is due to physical problems rather than psychological problems.
The recommended dosage for Tadacip 20 mg is once per day in most cases. To help with erectile dysfunction, it is better to use the medication whenever needed. Consuming the medicine hours before sexual intercourse can lead to more effective results. Ideally, it should be taken between 30 to 60 minutes before intercourse.
Take the tablet as a whole and do not split it into parts. For the treatment of BPH, the dosage will remain at once per day. The medication should be taken at the same time each day, for up to 26 weeks approximately.
Side Effects of Tadacip 20 mg
Consuming Tadacip 20 mg can lead to a few side effects that should go away as the body familiarises itself with the medication. These side effects are generally minor and manageable. Some of the more common side effects are:
- Muscle pain or Back pain
- Slight indigestion
- Warm/flushed skin
- Runny or blocked nose
All of these symptoms should be mild and disappear after a few weeks at the most. If the symptoms persist and continue to worsen, the patient should notify a healthcare professional immediately. Certain side effects are not common. These are serious and indicative of a potential medical emergency. If any of the following symptoms surface after the consumption of the medication, consult a doctor immediately:
- Priapism, or a painful erection that remains for an unusual amount of time
- Problems with vision, such as problem recognizing colors or a sudden decrease/loss in vision in one or both eyes
- Loss of hearing or a ringing sound in the ears
- Dizziness or lightheadedness can be indicative of low blood pressure and might lead to the patient fainting
- Chest pain
- Swelling in the face, hands, or feet.
- Blistered or peeling skin
There are certain precautions to be taken when consuming Tadacip 20mg. Tadalafil, an active ingredient in Tadacip, can interact with certain medications leading to harmful side effects.
- When used with nitrates (nitroglycerin, isosorbide), or any drug containing amyl or butyl nitrite, it can result in alarmingly low blood pressure levels. This could lead to fainting, dizziness, or even a stroke or heart attack.
- Any patient using alpha-blocker medicine to treat pre-existing medical conditions such as high blood pressure or BPH must consult with their doctor about the dosage of Tadacip. This is to minimize the risk of low blood pressure.
Some drugs can impact the removal of Tadacip 20mg from your body. This could affect how Tadacip works. Some examples of these medications are:
- Azole antifungals
- Macrolide antibiotics
- Hepatitis C virus protease inhibitors
- HIV protease inhibitors
- In case of any pre-existing cardiovascular diseases, the use of this medicine is better avoided. The doctor should be alerted about any heart-related condition the patient may have.
- This medicine is not recommended to people with kidney diseases. When this medicine is taken by someone with existing kidney disease, the kidney function should be monitored afterward. The doctor may recommend a suitable alternative.
- Patients suffering from seizures should also be careful when using Tadacip as there is an increased chance of experiencing adverse side-effects.
- Certain patients with pre-existing conditions such as leukemia, multiple myeloma, sickle cell anemia, or any deformation of the penis are at risk of suffering from Priapism upon consumption of Tadacip. Doctors should be alerted about the medical history of the patient thoroughly.
- Patients with retinal diseases should avoid using this medication as it may worsen the condition.
- Patients with liver problems must also exercise caution when using Tadacip. The liver function must also be closely monitored or alternatives can be provided by a physician.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I drink alcohol while taking Tadacip 20 mg?
Ans: It is recommended that the use of alcohol be limited and monitored when mixed with Tadacip. Taking this medicine along with alcohol increases the risk of experiencing more adverse side effects such as fainting, flushing, or dizziness.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Tadacip 20 mg?
Ans: The medicine should only be consumed once a day. If a dose is skipped, do not double the dosage the next day. It is advisable to take the next dose as soon as you remember. In the case of ED, take the dose whenever required (i.e. before the next sexual intercourse).
Can I drive after consuming Tadacip 20 mg tablet?
Ans: Tadacip 20mg may lower alertness and even affect your vision. It may make you feel dizzy or sleepy. Do not drive under these circumstances as the alertness and awareness would be lowered in general.
How long does it take for the effects of Tadacip 20 mg to set in?
Ans: Usually it takes about 30 to 60 minutes for the medication to start working.