How Finast 5 mg Works
Finast 5 mg works by decreasing the amount of a natural body hormone (DHT) that causes the prostate to grow and also leads to hair loss. The active ingredient Finasteride helps in improving the symptoms of BPH and provides benefits such as a decreased urge to urinate, better urine flow with less straining, less of a feeling that the bladder is not completely emptied, and decreased nighttime urination. Hair growth can be experienced 3-4 months after the usage of this drug.
Benefits of Finast 5 mg
Finast 5 mg tablet is a medicine which is used to treat hair loss in men. This drug helps prevent any further hair loss and also helps the hair to regrow. It stops the production of a hormone (dihydrotestosterone) that causes excessive hair fall or baldness and at the same time, increases hair growth. It is considered to be a safe medicine. The regrowth of hair is found to be beneficial to one’s mood, self-esteem as well as their appearance. Therefore, you should make sure that you use it regularly to get the maximum benefits.
Finast 5 mg tablets must be taken orally with or without food. The dose and duration of the medicine should be taken as per prescription. Do not take larger amounts than prescribed. It is recommended to take the medicine at the same time each day. As mentioned, the medicine takes some time to act upon the symptoms. Therefore, it is very important to take Finast 5 mg on a regular basis.
This medicine may cause some mild sexual side effects such as ejaculation disorder, erectile dysfunction, and decreased libido. Some people are also known to experience allergic reactions such as itching, rashes, and swelling of the lips or face. If you experience any of these side effects, consult your doctor immediately.
If you forget to take Finast 5 mg, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take two doses at the same time.
Seek medical treatment or contact your doctor in case of an overdose.
Some common side effects of Finast 5 mg tablet are as follows-
- Chills or cold sweats
- Breast tenderness
- Breast Enlargement
- Skin rash
- Swelling of face and lips
- Rapid weight gain
- Decreased interest in sexual intercourse
- Abnormal ejaculation
- Passing out
- Runny Nose
- Abdominal pain
- Nipple discharge
- Inability to urinate
Store this medicine in its original container at room temperature away from moisture, heat, and light. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets. Throw away unused or expired drugs.
- Before taking finasteride, tell your doctor if you are allergic to it; or if you have any other allergies. This medicine may contain some inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your doctor at length.
- Before consuming this medicine, tell your doctor your detailed medical history, especially, if you have liver disease, prostate cancer, infections, and urinary problems.
- Finasteride should not be used by
- The drug can be absorbed through the skin. If the film coating of the tablet has been broken or the tablet crushed, it should not be handled by a woman who is pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Exposing a developing male infant to finasteride can result in abnormalities of the genitals.
- Avoid driving and doing other tasks or actions that call for you to be alert until you see how this medicine affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down. Be careful about going upstairs and downstairs.
- Pregnancy – This medicine is not recommended for consumption by pregnant women or even those who are planning to become pregnant due to the risk of any harmful effect on the fetus.
- Breastfeeding – This medicine is not recommended for consumption by breastfeeding women.
- Liver Disease – This medicine should be used carefully by patients with a history of liver diseases due to the increased risk of liver injury.
All drugs interact differently from person to person. You should check all the possible interactions with your doctor before starting any medicine.
- Interaction with Alcohol- Interaction with alcohol is unknown. It is advisable to consult your doctor before consumption.
- Interaction with Medicines
Possible drug interactions include:
- Disease Interactions – This drug is not recommended for those with urinary tract obstruction disorders. Make sure you tell your doctor about the history of urinary tract disorders or any active urinary tract disorders before taking this medicine.
- Food interactions – Information not available.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does it take for this medicine to take effect?
The effect of this medicine can be observed in 6 months for patients with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia and in 3 months for hair loss patients.
How long do the effects of this medicine last?
The time till which this medicine remains active in the body is not established.
Is this a habit-forming medicine?
No habit forming tendency has been reported.
Does Finast 5 mg thicken the hair?
Hair can potentially grow stronger, thicker, and faster than before. It is worth noting that this medication won’t dramatically change hair texture or quality. However, many Finasteride users have reported hair regrowth and an increase in thickness.
Does Finast 5 mg really work?
Popping a pill to prevent the thinning hair sounds too good to be true and it’s possible with Finast. The drug works by lowering levels of a hormone that shrinks hair follicles, called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). It slows hair loss in about 88% of men and helps hair regrow in about 66%.
Is Finast 5 mg safe to use in the long term?
Studies show that this medicine is safe to consume in the long term.