How does Poxet 60 mg work?
Poxet 60 mg is a short-acting, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor that increases the time of ejaculation by blocking the reabsorption of serotonin into neurons. This helps to make serotonin available to the brain. Due to low levels of serotonin, a person loses his control over ejaculation and ejaculates sooner than expected. The presence of the ingredient Dapoxetine Hydrochloride makes the nerve cells communicate properly, thereby prolonging the time of ejaculation. It gets rapidly eliminated in the body, and therefore, the results of this medicine can be experienced within the first two hours.
Uses of this tablet
Poxet 60 mg is used to treat the problem of early or premature ejaculation in men. The 60 mg dose of this medicine provides significant results to men with lifelong premature ejaculation.
- Improves control over ejaculation
- Increases time of ejaculation during intercourse
Poxet should be taken orally with water and only once in 24 hours. An on-demand dosing schedule is generally followed. This pill is not meant to be taken daily. It should be taken as and when needed i.e. when you plan to have intercourse with your partner. You should not consume more than one tablet in 24 hours. Take it exactly 1-2 hours before any sexual activity. Do not chew the tablet. Swallow it as a whole. Follow your doctor’s prescription carefully to achieve the desired results of the product.
Missed Dose: This medicine is taken as and when needed. Therefore, you’re less likely to miss a dose.
Overdose: An overdose should be avoided at all costs. In an event that an overdose is taken, side-effects may occur. If problems persist for long, contact your doctor immediately.
As with any other medication, there are some side-effects that can occur. Common side-effects of Poxet 60 mg include:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Increased blood pressure
- Excessive sweating
- Dry mouth
- Feeling confused
If you experience any of these side-effects persist for long, seek medical attention immediately.
Before taking this Medicine
If you are suffering from a certain medical condition, Poxet 60 mg may not be suitable for you. You should let your doctor know:
- If you suffer from epilepsy.
- If you have a bleeding disorder.
- If you have heart disease or have a history of stroke, heart attack, etc.
- If you have a severe kidney or liver disease.
- If you are allergic to Dapoxetine or any other medications.
- If you suffer from certain mood disorders such as depression, bipolar disorder, etc.
- If you have a tendency to faint.
- If you suffer from an eye-related condition such as glaucoma or any other rare retinal disorders.
This will help the doctor to rule out certain things and provide a suitable treatment plan for your condition.
If you take any medications, supplements, or any kind of drugs for illnesses, recreational, or for any other purposes, let your doctor know about them. There are certain medications that are known to interact with Poxet 60 mg.
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) for depression
- Thioridazine for depression
- Anticoagulants such as warfarin
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin and ibuprofen
- Medications for migraine such as sumatriptan
- Opoid analgesic such as tramadol
- Antifungals like ketoconazole
- Antibiotics like erythromycin
- HIV medications like ritonavir, indinavir, and atazanavir
- Serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors
- Calcium channel blockers like diltiazem
- Herbal remedies such as St. John’s Wort
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol is known to increase the risk of experiencing side-effects. Therefore, consumption of alcohol along with this medication should strictly be avoided.
Interaction with grapefruit juice
Consumption of grapefruit juice alongside Poxet 60 mg can increase the risk of side-effects. This is because grapefruit juice can potentially increase the amount of medication in the bloodstream. Therefore, it should be avoided at all costs.
Important Storage Instructions
- Keep these tablets out of children’s reach.
- Store these tablets in a cool and dry place, and away from direct heat, moisture, and light.
- Do not consume the medication after its expiration date.
- If the pack is opened, store the pills in an airtight container.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can Poxet 60 mg be taken daily?
Ans. No! This medicine should be taken as and when needed. Take it 1-2 hours prior to any sexual activity. Do not take more than one tablet in 24 hours.
Can I take Poxet and Viagra together?
Ans. Poxet should be taken with Viagra only with the help of a doctor’s prescription. Both Dapoxetine (present in Poxet) and Sildenafil Citrate (present in Viagra) have been known to provide significant results in men with erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. A combination of these two medicines is sold under the name of Super P Force.
How much time does it take for this medicine to work?
Ans. Poxet 60 mg reaches its peak levels after 2 hours. This is why it is recommended to take this tablet exactly 1-2 hours before sexual intercourse. It improves control over ejaculation and increases the average intravaginal ejaculation latency time (IELT).
Are there are any permanent side-effects of this drug?
Ans. No! Any permanent side-effect of this drug hasn’t been reported yet. However, if you experience any side-effect of this medication for a long time, let your doctor know about it.
How should I take this medicine?
Ans. This medicine is meant to be taken orally with water. You can take this medicine with or without food.