How does it work?
As Fildena 100 mg contains Sildenafil, which is a PDE5 inhibitor, it works in ways similar to this class of drugs. The medication operates in various ways depending upon the condition it is supposed to treat. In the case of Erectile Dysfunction, Fildena assists by increasing the flow of blood to the penis or by relaxing the blood vessels located there. In doing so, Fildena helps the patient acquire or maintain an erection during intercourse. It must be noted that the medication is supposed to work only if the consumer is sexually aroused.
For Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension or PAH, the Sildenafil Citrate in Fildena works by improving the blood flow in the lungs. This is achieved by relaxing the muscles and the blood vessels in the lungs. Other than decreasing the pressure in your lungs, Fildena 100 mg has two more benefits. Firstly, it helps slow down the rate at which the illness progresses. Secondly, it aids the patient in physical activities making it possible for them to exercise more.
The dosage recommended for Fildena 100 mg depends again upon the condition it aims to treat.
In the case of Erectile Dysfunction, the ideal and most effective time to take it would be an hour before intercourse. However, the medication can be consumed from anywhere between 30 mins to 2 hours before any sexual activity. The frequency of consumption should be limited to once per day.
In the case of PAH, take the drug once a day at a scheduled time. It is recommended that the drug be consumed as per the direction of the physician.
Side effects of Fildena 100 mg
The ingredients in Fildena 100 mg may result in some side effects. Some of these side effects can be harmless and will likely go away once the body becomes accustomed to the medication. However, certain effects could require medical attention. First, let us look at the common side effects that a consumer may face:
- Difficulty sleeping
- Flushing (warm or red face), slight fever
- Nosebleed or headache
- Mild indigestion
- Erection lasting longer than usual
- Respiratory issues
- Vomiting or nausea
- Soreness in the throat or runny nose.
In case the effects are mild and not disrupting your day-to-day activities, chances are that they will go away within days or weeks. If the symptoms persist and get severe, contact a physician for further assistance.
However, if you notice any side-effects that could lead to a potential medical emergency, do not wait for the symptoms to go away. Call a doctor immediately to deal with any severe or life-threatening symptoms. Some symptoms, though rare, are as follows:
- Blurred vision or any vision problems (such as sudden loss of vision in one eye)
- Extreme confusion
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting spells
- Low blood pressure
- Excessive nausea or vomiting
- Fatigue and sleepiness
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing in general
- An erection lasting more than four hours
- Priapism (or a constant erection)
- Problems with hearing, sudden hearing loss of a ringing noise in ears (tinnitus)
- Heart problems (Stroke, Heart palpitations, Heart attack, etc)
- Chest pain
- Difficulty speaking
The following drugs, if taken with Fildena 100 mg, could increase the risk of side effects experienced by the patient:
- HIV drugs such as Indinavir, Saquinavir, Atazanavir, or Ritonavir can lead to low blood pressure, vision problems, or dizziness.
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin or erythromycin can result in similar side effects, along with erections lasting longer than usual.
- Ketoconazole or itraconazole are antifungals that, when taken with Fildena 100 mg, can lead to adverse side effects.
- Terazosin, doxazosin, alfuzosin, or tamsulosin are some of the alpha-blockers that should be avoided. Fainting and low blood pressure are some of the side-effects that could worsen due to this interaction.
- Amlodipine is a blood pressure drug that should not be combined with Fildena. This interaction could lead to low blood pressure.
- Certain drugs for ED such as tadalafil, avanafil, or vardenafil should be avoided as this interaction can lead to erections that last an abnormal amount of time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can I consume alcohol along with Fildena 100 mg?
Ans: Fildena contains sildenafil which can reduce the person’s blood pressure. Alcohol also increases the risk of low blood pressure. It is better to avoid alcoholic beverages when consuming Fildena 100 mg. Monitor your blood pressure levels in case you do consume alcohol.
2. What do I do if I miss a dose of Fildena 100 mg?
Ans: In case of Erectile Dysfunction, take the medication the next time you engage in sexual intercourse. For PAH, take the dose the next day a few hours prior to the scheduled time. Remember to take only one dose and not double the dose. The consumption of this medication should be restricted to once per day.
3. How do I store Fildena 100 mg?
Ans: Store Fildena at room temperature. It is also advisable to store the medication away from light. Avoid storing it in moist places such as bathrooms.
4. What drugs should I avoid when taking Fildena 100 mg?
Ans: Drugs that contain Nitrates (isosorbide mononitrate, isosorbide dinitrate, or nitroglycerin) should not be mixed with Fildena. Additionally, Guanylate cyclase stimulators should not be consumed with this medication either as it can lead to severely low blood pressure levels.
Ben Aflok –
It really works fine. At first before ordering I thought I’m taking risk but it was worth taking. Literally rock the bed last night!