How Does Vidalista 20 mg Work?
The active ingredient of Cialis, Tadalafil belongs to the Phosphodiesterase-5 Enzyme Inhibitors (PDE-5) group of drugs. It selectively inhibits the cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP)-specific PDE-5. A man suffering from ED is unable to achieve and/ or maintain a firm erection due to restricted blood flow in the penile muscles. PDE-5 enzyme disintegrates the cGMP molecules which work to relax the penile muscles thus resulting in constriction of muscles. Tadalafil blocks this PDE-5 enzyme and increases the concentration of cGMP in the blood. The result is an increased blood flow in the penile blood vessels, muscle relaxation, and therefore a hard erection. However, sexual stimulation is a prerequisite for releasing nitric oxide (NO) and working of vidalista.
Uses of Vidalista 20 mg
Vidalista is commonly prescribed for treating one or all of these disorders-
- Erectile dysfunction (ED)- failure to achieve and/ or maintain a firm erection during sexual intercourse.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)- a condition of the prostate gland where its enlargement causes problems in urination.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)- a high blood pressure condition that affects the pulmonary artery and heart.
Vidalista 20 mg can be prescribed for daily use or be taken as per the need. For daily use, one pill a day is prescribed that should be taken at a set time every day. As for the need-based consumption (for ED), swallow one pill about 30-60 minutes prior to having sex. For BPH and PAH, the usual dose is one pill a day but consult your doctor before you decide to take Vidalista daily or if you want to increase/decrease the dosage. You can take it either with or without food but don’t take more than a pill a day.
What Happens if I Miss a Dose?
It is highly unlikely to miss a dose if you take it as per your need. But if have to take it daily and you have missed a dose, take it as soon as you are reminded of it. But skip the dose if the time for the next scheduled dose is very close. You should not take two doses in close succession.
What Happens if I Take an Overdose?
Avoid consuming an overdose of Vidalista 20 mg because it can have certain side-effects depending on the amount of overdose. Nausea and headache are the primary symptoms of a mild overdose but in case you have swallowed more of it, priapism (causes a prolonged painful erection) or loss of vision may occur.
Before You Take This Medicine
You should take some precautions before taking Vidalista 20 mg. Tell your doctor about your existing health conditions (if any) and let them know about the medicines you take. Vidalista should not be taken if you have any of these health issues-
- If you suffered an allergic reaction to Tadalafil or any other ingredient of Vidalista in the past.
- If you suffered a heart attack(s) or stroke in the past.
- If you have Pulmonary hypertension and you consume medicines for the same.
- If you have a high/ low blood pressure problem.
- If you have chronic kidney disease.
- If you suffer from irregular heart rhythm.
- If you suffer from hepatitis or other liver-related diseases.
- If you suffer from stomach ulcers.
- If you have impaired vision.
- If you have a curved penis (aka Peyronie’s disease).
- If you have blood-related problems such as hemophilia or sickle-cell anemia.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have a history of drug abuse and drink excessive amounts of alcohol.
Side Effects of Vidalista 20 mg
Drowsiness isn’t usually a problem with this drug but there are some other possible side-effects. The most common and mild symptoms are-
- Runny or stuffed nose
- Persistent cough
- Allergic reaction
- Back pain
- Swelling of certain body parts such as the face, hands, lips, legs, eyelids, etc.
Some serious side-effects which won’t go away very soon are–
- Heart palpitations
- Priapism (a prolonged and painful erection that lasts for 4 hours or more)
- Respiratory problems
- Chest pain or Angina
- Difficulty in swallowing food
- Sudden loss of eye vision (Non-arteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy-NAION)
- Seeing a blue shade around every object
- A ringing sensation in the ears or a sudden loss of hearing ability
If you’re experiencing any other symptom though, tell your physician about it because it can be a side-effect.
Tell the doctor about all the medicines you take (both prescribed and OTC drugs). Also, tell them about the vitamin/ herbal supplements you consume (if any). Some medicines may interact with Vidalista 20 mg and affect its efficacy.
- Medications for the treatment of angina
- Alpha-blockers or high blood pressure medicines like doxazosin and alfuzosin
- Beta-blockers like atenolol
- Anticoagulants such as warfarin
- Epilepsy drugs such as carbamazepine
- HIV drugs like ritonavir
- Oral antifungal drugs like itraconazole and ketoconazole
- Medications for seizures such as carbamazepine
- Antibiotics like erythromycin
- Other medicines to treat ED like sildenafil or vardenafil
- Hypertensives like Amlodipine
- Antacids like magnesium hydroxide/aluminum hydroxide
- Other medicines PAH like riociguat
This isn’t a comprehensive list of potential drug interactions. So, talk to your doctor about it in detail.
Interaction with alcohol
Alcohol makes one vulnerable to the side-effects and also intensifies them. It can cause dizziness as your blood pressure drops all of a sudden. Avoid drinking alcohol while on Vidalista 20 mg.
Interaction with grapefruit juice
Tadalafil is digested by the CYP3A4 enzyme in the liver. Eating grapes or its juice with the medicine can increase its level in your body and this will affect its efficiency and working time.
Vidalista 20 mg tablets should be kept in the packet they originally came in at room temperature (15°C and 30°C).
- This medicine should be kept out of the reach of children and pet animals.
- Keep them away from direct heat, moisture, and sunlight.
- If the expiry date mentioned on the package has passed, do not take the medicine.
- Keep the medicine in a cool and dry place.
- Do not dispose of this medicine by flushing it down the toilet or throwing it away in the bin. Dispose of it with the help of a medicine take-back program or talk to your pharmacist regarding it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How long does Vidalista last?
Ans- Generally, it remains effective for about 4-5 hours but depending on one’s age, health conditions, and metabolism, this time may be more or less.
2. Is Vidalista 20 mg safe?
Ans- Like most medicines, Vidalista has some side effects like nausea, back pain, and diarrhea but these are very mild. However, avoid overdosing at all costs, or else severe side-effects may occur.
3. Are Cialis and Vidalista the same?
Ans- Essentially, they’re the same because both contain Tadalafil which is a Phosphodiesterase-5 Enzyme Inhibitor (PDE-5). The only difference is that Cialis is a brand name and is a bit expensive whereas Vidalista is a generic drug and costs less.